HEA framework for student engagement through partnership
A shared point of reference for the sector
Our framework for student engagement through partnership in HE is an integral part of the HEA frameWORKS series. Developed with the sector for the sector, the series covers key thematic priorities that impact upon the quality of teaching and learning in HE. HEA frameWORKS provide a shared point of reference and common language to shape and review policy, process and practice in order to enhance student success.
“The Higher Education Academy frameworks are evidence-based and provide the higher education sector with a national reference point to enable the institution to develop its own approach according to local circumstances as well as benchmarking performance.” Universities UK (2016), p.73, Working in partnership: enabling social mobility.
Has your school, faculty or institution identified this as a key strategic priority?
The HEA, through it's four step process: conceptualising; planning and preparation; implementation, delivery and monitoring, and; completion and closure; can help you to:
- Identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Deliver solutions-based change aimed at tackling your issues
- Review the success of any initiatives against KPIs and global frameworks
Key HEA Research
- Engagement through partnership: students as partners in learning and teaching in higher education
- Engaged student learning: high-impact strategies to enhance student achievement
- Students as researchers: Supporting undergraduate research in the disciplines in higher education
- Pedagogies of partnership: What works
- The impact of pedagogies of partnership on the student learning experience in UK higher education
- Purposeful partnerships and practices
- Ask, answer, assess
- Mapping student-led peer learning in the UK
- Developing undergraduate research and inquiry
- Engagement for enhancement
- Using PRES to enhance the experience of postgraduate researchers
Guidance and teaching resources
- Appreciate: Cards to support appreciative partnership learning
- A guide to ethics and student engagement through partnership
- Partnership Learning Communities
- Partnership learning communities: a guide for college-based higher education
- Students as partners in the curriculum
- Student and Staff Partnership Awards
- HEA & NUS Students' Union and Institution Partnership Awards
- Student engagement: paradigm change or political expediency?
- Student engagement through partnership tool
You might want to start by watching this series of videos from The Higher Education Academy and the University of Westminster's 'Engaging Change in Learning and Teaching' event from March 2015:
HEA Knowledge HUB
Explore our extensive range of resources to improve teaching and enhance learning. Pinpoint exactly what you want by using our range of specialist filters.
Upcoming student engagement through partnerships events
Debate key issues, share best practice, inspire change
We are committed to working with you to address your challenges and strategic priorities. Our events are designed so you can, explore these priorities, build on your existing knowledge, share your expertise, boost your professional networks, develop a range of practical solutions and stay ahead of the curve.